Friday, June 26, 2009

Solemnisation Day




TODAY IS THE BIG DAY!

Sky picked me up in a WHITE MERCEDEZ cab to the BS by 3.30pm:)
Tee Yong, my photographer is already there waiting for us.
The makeup took about an hour and we went around Tanjong Pagar area to do some outdoor photoshoot. Luckily, it is not a sunny late afternoon. The lighting is just good for outdoor shoot.
We arrived at Noble House at about 5.30pm. There is going to be another wedding by another couple on the same evening as us. So there will be 2 brides in the house that evening! :D

There were some hick-up during the ROM table decor because the original brown ribbon given by the florist is insufficient. Luckily again, I bought another red ribbon the day before just in case really not enough. I guess the overall effect is still not so bad even thought the 2 ribbons are of a different. I really like the idea of the potpourri on the table to make it look "filled".

The JP, Mr Wee Pang Kiat came on time, the ceremony started without my 'march-in' *sad*, everything happened so fast. I regret not rehearsing the ceremony because Sky took both rings from the ring pillow 'together' and awkwardly wear the ring on my finger while holding his own ring in the same hand. (Gosh! he should just take my ring and leave his own ring on the pillow for me later)

So what's done cannot be undone. In the end, he "pass" his ring to me for me (I should have pick up his ring from the ring pillow if he did it correctly) I wear on his ring finger. This is so weird.

After the thank you and the JP Ang Pao. Then JP left already leh. Sky walked him out. In less than 1 minute, the both of them came back. Haha! FORGET TO TAKE GROUP PHOTOWITH JP! OMG! This is so unnatural! Amusing.

(The moral of the story is - Rehearsal is a MUST on all important occassions)

After the group photo, JP left. Comes the champagne popping ceremony, while waiting for the champage glasses, sky was removing the wrapper on the bottle, and just after he release the wire wrap around the cork and waiting for the photographer to set his video camera, the cork on the bottle suddenly flew out! *POP* OMG! there goes my champagne popping!

(Moral of the storey is - no co-oridination, no rehearsal of the programme in details).
So the video will only be on "the pouring of the champage" Haha!

Dinner commence by 7pm. We had more pictures taking after dinner, I saw a man looking into our function room. Shortly after, he appeared with a professional video camera. He thinks I am the bride of the other couple and wants to film us. Haha!

Dinner ended at about 9.15pm.

*Pictures and video won't be available until my photographers pass then to me*




No comments:

Post a Comment